Sunday, August 12, 2007

The Upside of Down

Ever since I can remember, I have lived a life of no complaints. Survived an appalingly normal childhood of bruising knees and extracting smiles, when Happiness of the purest, most unadulterated kind was the only beverage to sip on. An observant, absorbing analyst was being conceived.

"Complicated" is an ugly term for an uneasy existance and adolescence is never the best period to encounter emotionally/mentally/physically (take your pick) dilemmas for the first time. As an adult, I loathe complications as they are completely avoidable if they occur outside the realm of health and finance. But the scientific mind believes that everything happens for a reason, so they are inevitable and completely essential. The menial road bumps that were once etched on a lesser aware mind as traumatizing tear enticers are now shelved away to be laughed and blushed at over come long awaited reunion.
What ever happened to the depressing bouts that followed a comparison of two unique lives subject to differing circumstances?
Now that the secret is out, is Love really waiting to be sumbled upon? And further more, after the mis step, is it always worth pursuing?
Family was never the immediate enemy, but a socially abiding one threatens to disrupt.
I have no regrets growing up but I wish I did, so that I could whole heartedly want to return to ungirdled youth.
There existed a phase where materialistic luxury override absolute effort and sincerity, a time when money spent could purchase Guilt. Now money spent only creates guilt.

I am no longer becoming. I have arrived. And just when scholastic documents could prove otherwise, my education has only just begun. I have a life of no complaints but if ever the dubious moment surfaces, it only reminds me of the little things human beings do to wear as medallions in a battle against the only element that binds us all at every moment, regardless of location, status, colour or religion -- Imperfection.

No comments: